Certain rules should be followed to see a satisfying and successful garden design. These rules can be applied by any professional, amateur, or gardener. If you are new to gardening and wish to do perfect landscaping for your residential space, it is best to approach Riverwood Landscape. Besides, we have also shared tested and tried landscape principles, which you should review before approaching the experts.
- Balance: It is a feeling of equality. When it comes to balancing in design, they are divided into two kinds. They are asymmetrical and symmetrical. Two parts of the landscape will be identical in symmetrical balance. When the landscape arrangement is balanced utilizing various objects and elements that have similar imaginary weight, it is referred to as asymmetrical balance.
- Unity: The consistency and repetition of the landscaping design denote the level of unity. Repetition is utilized to bring unity in design in the form of repeating elements that include décor and plants in the landscape. Evenness is utilized to develop unity by fitting various elements of landscape organized to develop a common theme or unit.
- Color: Color offer the landscape design an element of real life. For example, warm colors like orange and red make an object look closer. Cool colors such as green and blue look like moving away from you. Greens and blues are utilized to create perspective.
- Line: It is the master of all basics in landscape designing. It is utilized everywhere like in perspective, texture, walkways, entryways, and beds. It is also utilized to develop an illusion of distance and depth.
- Transition: It is a gradual change. In landscape design, the transition is explained by slowly differing the color intensity or plant size. It can be applied to foliage shape, size, and texture of various elements.
- Repetition: It is directly associated with the unit. It is recommended to various forms and elements in a garden. However, repeating the same elements helps in designing various expressions. When several or many objects are not connected, it can make the design appear cluttered and unplanned. Do not overuse an element as over utilizing has chances to make the design look uninteresting, monotonous, and boring.
- Proportion: It is the element’s size in association with the other. It is the most obvious principle that requires little planning and execution. It is important to make sure that all the landscaping design elements have proper proportions.
- Harmony and contrast: Contrast assists highlight specific elements in a design and harmony assists elements in the landscape composition appear unified. Harmony and contrast are accomplished by the association of any art elements or utilizing complementary shades side by side.
By following these principles of landscape designing, it is possible to unleash your creativity and develop a beautiful landscape. Utilizing lines, colors, and contrast helps in influencing the design of the landscape. If you are renovating your current landscape or creating a new one, you should know ways to incorporate design to develop a visually pleasing and functional background.